Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous


So I'm going to say right from the start that I hate this packaging. It's ugly. In fact, all of CoverGirl's packaging is ugly. I think that they need to get on the modern, sleek packaging trend. I understand it's drugstore but look at Revlon and NYX, they have beautiful packaging!

Okay, rant aside. The product inside is AMAZING. I've recently been using my Clarisonic again and with that comes the phase of oily skin while it tries to rebalance. My dewy, glowy foundations unfortunately do not like oily skin and they have been sliding off of my face all week. So, I needed a matte foundation and my poor MUFE Mat Velvet + is on its last legs. Enter Ready, Set Gorgeous. I think it's made out of magic. The formula is creamy and lightweight, it blends out easily but does dry quite quickly so keep that in mind. It dries to a beautiful satin-matte finish that looks so natural but provides an amazing amount of coverage. It's really buildable as well so if you prefer super full coverage just add a second layer! It honestly feels like I'm not wearing makeup and looks so natural. I've worn it all day today (a good day to test it as it was pretty hot!) and it's lasted well.

My only complaint is the shade, this is 110 Creamy Natural. Apparently there's one shade lighter that I've never seen, but it's supposed to be yellow-toned. Now, I'm super-pale so finding a shade light enough for me is pretty impossible. I will say that the shade range of this product is pretty good compared to other drugstore lines (it has 12 shades). I've ordered the Manic Panic White Dreamtone Foundation so I can start mixing it into my foundation so I'll let you know how that goes. Just keep in mind that this shade is light, but really not light enough if you're paler than an NC 20.

You can find the foundation in most drugstores, the price ranging from $6.99 to $8.99. I paid $8.99 at CVS which I'm rather annoyed about so look out for the $6.99! Target sells it at that price.
x