Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation & CoverGirl truBLEND Fixstick

Laura Mercier describes the Silk Creme Foundation as, "An innovative full coverage foundation that makes the skin look luminous and rich. By combining a special collection of silk proteins, tea extracts and treated mica, Laura has created a luxurious formula that leaves skin hydrated and protected with a radiant, timeless glow." In my opinion, this is a perfect description of the product. I absolutely adore it, and after wearing it for a week, I have no complaints. The consistency is sort of unique, it's rather thick, but also light, almost like a mousse of gel, but liquidy. I've been using my Angled-Top Kabuki to apply it as always, dotting it on my face before blending. It doesn't dry ultra fast, which allows you to really work it into your skin. I would say the coverage is light-medium with a light hand, which I like, but could be medium to full if built up. The finish is beautiful, not super glowy or matte, but leaves you looking radiant. Because it's so silky I would definitely say it needs setting with a powder. I've been alternating between e.l.f High Definition powder and the MAC Studio Fix Powder. I find that it stays better using the HD, considering that the Studio Fix is a super light powder. I do have normal-dry skin, and my t-zone is slightly oily but nothing too crazy. I think that if you have really oily skin, it would probably end up getting somewhat shiny, but it does seem to stay in place really well.

I was matched in my Sephora to Rose Ivory, which I would have never picked for myself. I have pretty red skin, so I'm always trying to counteract that. However, this matches absolutely perfectly and eliminates the redness. I would probably recommend to get yourself matched because of this, it's sometimes tricky to find the right shade and not all stores allow returns. If you're not totally sure, ask for a sample! A $43 dollar foundation is not something I want to just wing! Anyway, as of now, they have ten shades, all of which look pretty light to me, so this may not be a good match for darker skin tones. Overall, I really like this foundation. With the high price-tag I doubt I would repurchase because there are think I like for much cheaper, but I'm really glad I have it for now.

Now, I decided to buy this because Nicole Guerierro on youtube mentioned it. I've been trying to find a concealer that is more high-coverage while still being light and non-creasing. So, I figured I'd try these crayon things out. I got the shade fair, and it matches my skin perfectly. It isn't really brightening because of that, but it covers my dark circles so that's fine with me. They have 8 shades of this, so not much inbetween, but they do have darker shades. I was actually surprised that they only have two light shades! The consistency of the concealer is really creamy and blends really well. It is slightly dry, so I would recommend moisturizing if you have dry under-eyes. Another thing that I've noticed is that it sheers out as you blend, so if your darkness is crazy dark, I would probably stay away from this. But, for me this works really well as an everyday concealer. It works well for both blemishes and under the eyes, and overall I'm in LOVE with both of these products!

What do you think? Have you guys tried either of these products?
x