Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Tom Ford Nail Lacquer

In case you're new to the blog, I currently work at a Cosmetics Company Outlet. We recently got two of the Tom Ford Nail Lacquers in (swoon) so of course I snatched them up. The shades we got are Black Sugar and Show Me The Pink. The polishes normally retail for $35, but at the outlets are $22.50 so make sure to check if you have one locally. 

Black Sugar is a purply-taupe with red shimmer. This is a really really unique colour, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Now, the shimmer doesn't REALLY show up on the nails unless in direct light but the colour is still beautiful. Show Me The Pink is a warm pale pink with silver shimmer. This one would probably be easier to find a dupe of, essie makes some similar colours. The packaging is obviously beautiful, but I was surprised to find that the square cap is actually attatched to the brush. I usually find with square bottles that there is an easier to use handle underneath. The brush itsself is a typical polish brush, similar in shape to OPI but less thick. These polishes are interesting in formula. I thought that they would be creamy and thicker, but they're actually quite sheer. Black Sugar took three thin coats to achieve opacity and Show Me The Pink took four. Black Sugar being a darker colour was definitely easier to work with. I wore Black Sugar for over a week with no chipping and just minimal tip wear. I did use OPI Chip Skip and the Rapid Dry Top Coat. Unfortunately, Show Me The Pink did not look so great on me. If you're a pale princess, beware, it shows up quite orange. If you have a deeper, warmer skin tone I'm sure it would look beautiful on you.
Overall, while expensive, these are beautiful polishes. The formula is nice, but not overly special. I wouldn't say they're a MUST HAVE, especially because of the price, but they are a treat.

Have you ever tried Tom Ford's polishes?
x