Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

NYX Liquid Seude Lipsticks

When my friend told me that Ulta finally had the NYX Liquid Lipsticks in stock I drove straight down there. Luckily they were all still in stock, so I of course went for the nudes and the dark reds (can't resist). The shades I picked up are Sandstorm, Tea & Cookies, Softly Spoken, Cherry Skies, and Vintage. The other colours in the collection are beautiful but a bit too bright and colourful for my taste. NYX describes these as a velvety soft waterproof lippie that dries to a matte finish. If you're thinking Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks or Anastasia Beverly Hills, know that these are different. I would say they're in between the KVD formula and the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. Not quite heavy duty, won't budge colour, but still very long lasting. I had to reapply after eating, but other than that the colour seems to stay and they're very comfortable on the lips.
  A problem I have with a lot of liquid lipsticks is that they're too matte and feel really dry on. Because these don't dry down to be super matte, they're more comfortable on. Most of the shades are super pigmented, and only require one coat. However, the darker shades (Cherry Skies and Vintage) really require two. You can see on the Cherry Skies swatch that the colour is much darker where there is two layers. I don't know if I got a fluke Vintage, but this one seems less matte and less pigmented than the others. It doesn't dry down quite as much and you definitely have to touch it up more often. The applicators on these are awesome, it's like a doefoot but flat, so it's easy to get a really precise line.
  Overall, I think these are great and I hope NYX brings out some more shades. Maybe a paler nude for us fair girls? Don't forget, Ulta often does buy 2 get 1 free on NYX or there's the $3.50 of off $10 coupon!
Have you tried any of the Liquid Seude lippies?
x