Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Detox Day

About once a week I have a biiiiig detox day. It's usually Sunday because I generally have the evening off and it's the perfect opportunity to get all of the week's gunk out of my pores. Thinking about how much crap gets stuck down in my pores makes me a little sick, and even though I double (sometimes triple) cleanse every night you know there's dirt deep down. SO, detox day is the day that I slap on hella skincare products, sit down with some tea and a book, and get it allllll out. (*note that I don't use all of these products at once, these are just a few things that I do use on detox day*)

I don't really stick to a routine on these days, I kind of just use whatever products I feel like. But there are a few things that I keep on rotation. I generally cleanse with the Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser. This contains French Green clay and Moroccan rhassoul clay to help pull impurities out of the skin. I generally don't believe most claims from cleansers because they aren't on your skin long enough to do much, but I swear my skin feels and looks smoother after using this. I also really love the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Exfoliating Cleansing Powder, which is a water-activated powder cleanser. This one is pretty gentle and light, but buffs the skin and makes it feel super clean but not stripped. I love that it's customizable because you can mix in less water for a real scrub, or more water for a nice bubbly creamy cleanser. I'm honestly about to start using this every day, because my skin seems to really love it and looks beautiful after using.

Obviously the most important part of detox day is a mask. A good ol' purifying, digs deep mask. I'm usually not big into charcoal products in general, and charcoal masks are really not my jam because I find them to be quite drying. However, the Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask... that is my jam. I'm not kidding, the first time I used this I was shocked at how incredible my skin looked afterwards. So clean and bright, I was thinking what tf was in my pores that made me look so dull?! This contains charcoal (obvs) to draw out impurities, and also mineral clays to soak up excess oil. But it also somehow doesn't dry me out at all? It's a miracle in my books honestly and I'll continue to purchase this forever. Speaking of, I need to repurchase the Complex Beauty The Godmother Enzyme Mask because I finally used up this baby jar. This stuff is a godsend. It's not really a traditional detox product, I guess, but it leaves my skin feeling soooo smooth and squeaky clean that it's a very very regular part of detox day. Pumpkin and Glycolic Acid exfoliate and dissolve dead skin (and also fight free-radicals wooo), while Vitamin C brightens, and Meadowfoam Seed Oil hydrates. It's like supermodel skin in a tub. No joke.

If I need products that are a little softer, but still get the job done, I'll reach for the Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask or the Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack. Original Skin contains Mediterranean rose clay to deep clean, Canadian Willowherb to cleanse pores, and jojoba beads to exfoliate (without destroying your skin or the environment!!!). This is like my OG detox day mask so it's clearly pretty incredible if it's still hangin' around. It leaves the skin glowing and tight, but without that horrible dry feeling. Win! Glossier's Mega Greens is one that I reach for several times a week, not just on detox day. I've been through three pots of this stuff in the last year. Three. It is truly a juice cleanse for your face. It balances skin and helps reduce inflammation, but also detoxes and leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean. It's a clay mask, but doesn't crack and dries softly, almost sinking into the skin. Parsely, Spinach, Cress Sprout, and Kaolin White Clay help to clean and purify, while Avacado moisturises and Bitter Orange Peel gently exfoliates. Definitely one that I'll never be without, I think it's really transformed my skin (along with the Moisturizing Moon Mask).

Do you guys do a detox day? What are your favourite products to use?
x